Our Father of the Indian soil,
You got us freedom with your toil;
All life, you burnt the midnight-oil;
Your Freedom Struggle, none could foil!
What simple life, you led on earth!
Your humbleness was seen from birth;
Such greatness stands always a dearth;
To you, all Indians owe our mirth!
O Mahatma, you’re live today,
In hearts of earthlings to this day;
You showed an exemplary way;
Your sacrifice, none can repay!
Although you were a simple boy,
You won us freedom we enjoy;
You persevered with your own ploy,
And made the British gun, a toy!
Your love for us, we won’t forget;
Great men like you, may we beget;
Free nation from all foreign debt;
To you, we owe our lives, we bet!
May heaven give you lasting peace;
May global Indians live with ease;
May earthlings live without disease;
May wars on earth totally cease!
We love you Father Gandhiji!
We’ll live upto your dreams surely;
We miss you very much truly;
We promise to do our duty!
Celebrate Gandhi’s 147th birthday and check out some of his most inspiring quotes below.
1. “My life is my message.”
2. “Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.”
3. “The only tyrant I accept in this world is the ‘still small voice’ within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.”
4. “A man of truth must also be a man of care.”
5. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
6. “’Hate the sin and not the sinner’ is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world.”